Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I think, I believe, I know

Recently the outbreak of Swine flu has me thinking about immigration. I think our open door policy on our borders has done severe damage to our economy. I think our health care industry has also suffered greatly due to immigration. I think we do not do enough to keep drugs from entering our country. I think it is a bad idea when American business turns to illegal immigrants to fill jobs. I think we should do a better job of getting legal immigrants to assimilate into our culture. I think it is wrong for public education to teach foreign languages, I think that hiring an illegal immigrant should be a felony offense. I think I would be happy to have my taxes increased if the increase went to secure our borders and to deport all illegal immigrants. I think immunity is a lazy way to approach the problem, even though illegals are currently in our country they are still illegal.

It may surprise you to know that I am in favor of immigration but legal and thought out immigration. I believe foreigners should be able to study in our colleges and universities. I believe that great young minds should be welcomed to collaborate within the industries of our country. I believe that those who want to escape oppression should be welcomed to assimilate into our country. I believe that we should be accepting of those who value our laws, our ideals, and our compassion.

I know America is a land of immigrants who worked hard to build the truly greatest nation known to man. I know my country is a place of compassion, caring, and kindness. I know I am free because of the blood of my forefathers. I know my country is on the wrong course economically, morally and in issues of national security. I know things will be corrected because I know America.

I am absolutely sure that if you do not agree with the statements above you are not an American!

No comments: